Terry Newman, Certified Coach & Founder of Newman Management coaches and advises leaders and teams on the “human” side of leadership and team effectiveness. Through solutions focused coaching, assessments, team building and facilitation, Terry helps leaders and teams be more effective in their roles. The end result is clients increase self-awareness, enhance their emotional intelligence, test new behaviors, and implement specific action plans that are practical and relevant. Terry provides support and challenges clients and teams to follow through on commitments in order to realize positive change.
Her business acumen and leadership experience benefit clients because she leverages her work and non profit leadership experience. Terry has coached hundreds of professionals from over 30 countries on 360 feedback, individual effectiveness, leadership and team development, career management, change management and effective communication. Her experience includes designing and leading dozens of customized, interactive workshops and retreats to facilitate team effectiveness, leadership development and diverse leadership.
Terry consults to asset management firms on business development and relationship management projects. Previously Terry spent over 25 years in the investment management industry in senior roles leading teams and managing strategic initiatives. Most recently she was Principal, Director of Marketing & Client Service at Armstrong Shaw Associates and a Managing Director, at both Iridian Asset Management and Credit Suisse Asset Management (formerly BEA Associates). Previously she was a Vice President at Bankers Trust and an account executive at Instinet. Terry began her career in mental health and higher education.
Some of her certifications include:
- Columbia University’s Executive & Organizational Coaching Certification Program.
- Certified in using and interpreting the Hogan Suite of personality based assessments
- Certified to administer the Neeling Brain Instrument (NBI) a neuroscience based assessment which identifies thinking preferences.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified practitioner
- Certified to administer the Clark-Wilson 360, Korn Ferry Hay Group ESCI 360, and LMAP 360 assessments
- Completed Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program based on the teachings of Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn
- Completed Series 3,7,63 and 65 in the financial industry
Some of her current and past affiliations include:
- President, and VP of Alumnae Association of Barnard College, Columbia University each for 3 year terms (currently member of the board)
- Chaired Search Committee for Executive Director of Alumni Relations
- Barnard College Board of Trustees; Member of Budget & Finance, Campus Life, and Development committees
- Athena Center for Leadership Studies, Barnard College, Leadership Council
- Barnard College, Class Fund Chair; Leadership Assembly, Reunion and Annual Giving committee member
- CT Women’s Business Development Council member
- High Water Women, Co-Chair Annual Backpack Drive
- Former Board member of the United Jewish Federation of Stamford, New Canaan & Darien
Awards & Recognition:
- Received the Credit Suisse Asset Management Excellence Award due to team building efforts after its acquisition of Warburg Pincus Asset Management.
- Speaker at industry conference on “Best Practices in Client Service.”