Terry Newman is a business savvy Leadership & Team Coach who founded Newman Management Consulting after a long career in business to help technical leaders enhance the “human” (emotional intelligence) side of leadership. Through solutions focused coaching, assessments, team coaching, and facilitation, she helps leaders and teams increase self-awareness, build emotional intelligence, improve communication, test new behaviors, and create practical action plans to achieve their goals. Terry leverages her business acumen and leadership experience from over 25 years in increasingly senior roles in the financial industry at Credit Suisse, Bankers Trust, and Instinet, an early fintech startup.
Since founding Newman Management in 2012, she has worked with over 1,000 executives and teams from 30+ countries on 360 feedback, individual effectiveness, leadership and team development, career management, change management, conflict resolution, mindfulness in the workplace, and effective communication. As a woman who succeeded in a male dominated field, Terry is passionate about coaching high potential diverse leaders, and takes pride in the success her clients have had reaching senior leadership roles in their organizations. Finally, she incorporates mindfulness and meditation in her work to support resilience and wellness.
Some of her certifications include:
- Columbia University’s Executive & Organizational Coaching Certification Program.
- The Hogan and Birkman suites of work oriented personality assessments
- Neethling Brain Instrument (NBI) a neuroscience assessment identifying thinking preferences
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified practitioner
- Clark-Wilson 360, Korn Ferry Hay Group ESCI 360, and LMAP 360 assessments
- EQ-i 2.0 and EQ360 emotional intelligence assessments
- Thomas-Killman Conflict Indicator Model (TKI)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) training
- Team Diagnostic Survey (TDS) Advanced Practitioner and Team Assessment Survey
- Completed Series 3,7,63 and 65 in the financial industry
Some of her current and past affiliations include:
- President, and VP of Alumnae Association of Barnard College, Columbia University
- Chaired Search Committee for Executive Director of Alumni Relations, Barnard College
- Barnard Board of Trustees; Budget & Finance, Campus Life, and Development committees
- Founding member of Barnard’s Athena Center for Leadership Studies, Leadership Council
- High Water Women, Co-Chair Annual Backpack Drive
- Girls Inc. NYC Advisory Board
Awards & Recognition:
- Received the Credit Suisse Asset Management Excellence Award due to team building efforts after its acquisition of Warburg Pincus Asset Management.
- Panelist at a conference on the benefits of coaching in the Non Profit sector
Ms. Newman earned a B.A. from Barnard College, Columbia University in Cultural Anthropology where she graduated cum laude.