Newman Management coaches and advises leaders and teams on the “human” side of leadership and team effectiveness. Through solutions focused coaching, assessments, team building and facilitation, we help leaders and teams be more effective in their roles. As a result of coaching, clients increase self-awareness, enhance their emotional intelligence, test new behaviors, and implement specific action plans that are practical and relevant. We support and challenge clients and teams to follow through on commitments in order to realize positive change.
Terry’s business acumen and leadership experience benefit clients because she leverages her work and non profit leadership experience. She adheres to the International Coach Federation’s Code of Ethics.
Assessment and 360 feedback are key parts of the coaching process. Assessments and confidential interviews provide clients with valuable information to help them increase self-awareness and gain insight into their impact on others. We conduct 360 interviews and/or online 360 assessments, Hogan or MBTI personality assessments and often the NBI Neuroscience assessment of thinking preferences. Critical stakeholder feedback is obtained to enhance understanding of expectations, perceptions, and key success measures. We work with clients to create high impact action plans and determine key indicators of success seeking in put from the sponsor or manager in a 3 way meeting prior to implementation of the plan. Follow up and evaluation of goal accomplishment are the final part of the process.
- Coached senior leadership team on EQ & leadership team effectiveness during period of transition to global virtual division across three continents.
- Coached senior executive on effective communication and time management
- Coached executive on increasing emotional and social intelligence and experimenting with new behaviors to enhance work relationships with peers
- Coached women and men of color in leadership development programs; focus on career aspiration statements, elevator pitches, action plans, and network design.
- Emerging leader development focused on the critical skills needed for a more senior position with expanded responsibilities.
- Coached numerous technical leaders on building EQ skills to enhance their effectiveness as managers and/or leaders
- Worked with senior executives at growing company to establish strategic partnership culture with clients in order to improve client retention.
- Led workshops/retreats on effective communication strategies, story telling with substance, strategic networking, career management, and stress management